Thursday 5 June 2014

How do I remove the “Log In”-link in the top links area ?

I feel the “Log In”-link in the header is waste of space as the “My Account”-link on the left side in the same area does the trick pretty ok, but I havent figured out how to remove it from the loop in the code which generated those toplinks.
I would need to add a “Logout”-box in the “My Account” area if this was to be removed, or place a “Logout”-link somewhere else, but guess that wont be any problem.
You have to go to app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/customer.xml.
Remove the action method :

<action method="addLink" translate="label title" module="customer"><label>Log In</label><url helper="customer/getLoginUrl"/><title>Log In</title><prepare/><urlParams/><position>100</position></action>

No comments:

Post a Comment